When you hit middle age and most of your Christmas gifts get paid for using a credit card that automatically pays itself out of the same bank account that your own paycheck goes into, being asked “What do you want for Christmas?” can be a difficult question to answer.
So after making my list for Becki last night (which, as usual, included those really expensive razor blades that I like but feel guilty about buying for myself), I got to thinking about what would really make me happy this year.
I came up with another list:
- Time alone with God.
- A date (with Becki, of course).
- Some special time with our girls while they’re off of school.
- Lots of laughter.
- A fire in the fireplace (yes, even in Phoenix – it’s the ambience).
- A warm welcome for Ashley in her new teaching job.
- An evening for Emily to enjoy high school friends.
- Singing Christmas carols around the piano.
- A look from Becki that tells me she knows how much I love her.
- An evening with our friends.
- A moment to feel God’s presence and remember what Christmas is about.
Thanks for asking.